NOTE: Only 3 days left for the haiku contest. Contest closes at 11:59 p.m. Monday.
A while back, I got into a discussion about addiction with a few of the forumites on WD. It focused on smoking, and I confessed that I don't really understand addictions. And it's strange, because my father's side of the family is full of people with addictive personalities (my father included). But me? I've always been able to walk away from anything.
That's a good thing, right?
Yeah. But, I don't know, sometimes I feel like I'm missing out on something. I don't want to be addicted to alcohol or drugs or cigarettes, but I would like to be addicted (or at least obsessed with) something harmless. Coffee. Chocolate. Books.
Wait, books? :D I love books. I forgot about that since it's been SO LONG since I bought one. So, I guess I do have an addiction. OMG, I'm so happy. I HAVE AN ADDICTION!
I seriously, could not live without books. My life would be empty. Meaningless. I have to look at them, touch them, READ them. I can read a book multiple times (if it's good) and still come out of it with a word-charge high. I love bookstores, too. I can spend, literally, HOURS in one. Which is why I don't go very often. I spend too much money. :(
But...my birthday is coming up. I think I deserve a couple of new books. :D
Welcome aboard!;-)
ReplyDeleteOf course, you realize that there is no 12-step program for reading addiction.
They tried one in the 70's, but everyone fell off the wagon at the same time when they had to read the pamphlet.
Hehe, Brad.
ReplyDeleteI'm with ya, Brandi. Books are the perfect present to give yourself. I bought three new ones of authors I'd never read for mine earlier this month. One I haven't read yet, one was pretty good, and the third was amazing. (Jim Hines-The Stepsister Scheme)
Bookaholics unite! :D
We all deserve books, and that's one addiction I'd hate to quit!
ReplyDeleteI spend hours in bookstores too. They're like black holes...
ReplyDelete...but I'm not complaining. :)