Monday, June 21, 2010

My First Ever Contest!!!

First off, thank you to Amanda Sablan for awarding me The Versatile Blogger award! I shall be passing it along soon. (Got to get a list organized for my scatterbrained-ness.)

amparo-ortiz.blogspot.com.jpg

And BIG NEWS! I am going to have a contest, with, like, real awards! Books, people! Books! (We all love the books, right?)

Here's how to enter:

1. In the comment section of this post, write me a haiku about writing. Your woes, your joys, your rants...anything goes!

2. Tweet/blog/facebook about this contest and include the link in the comments.

And that's it! The most original one (bonus points for making me laugh) will get to choose one of the following prizes*:





...And will also get a guest blog post!

Second and third place winners will also get their choice of an author spotlight or guest blog post. **

*Note that I am not being paid to publicize any of the above works and that any prizes are being paid for from my own funds.


**EDIT: Oops. I knew I was forgetting something. Deadline is Monday, June 28. That's a whole week to come up with your brilliance!

3 comments:

  1. The pen carves a wound
    of ink-blood on paper-flesh--
    pain that engenders /(pain that endures)

    http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=55010971

    ReplyDelete
  2. my tale will not flow
    but no need for a fear, 'cause
    haiku I can do

    http://bradleys-brain.blogspot.com/2010/06/haiku-party-at-brandis.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome and I'm looking forward to your list! :)

    Okay, haiku time:

    Creativity, itself a living entity
    Nothing can hope to quench this thirst
    This insanity I cannot replace.

    Cool contest and thanks for holding it!

    The link is right up at the top of my blog:
    http://thatunpublishedwriter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete