Tuesday, March 9, 2010

So Many Things...

A lot has been going on through my head lately...and I honestly haven't been able to organize my thoughts into coherency, so I'll just summarize what I've been up to.

1. Thinking about sex in YA novels: why it's there and why it isn't, and what that means. I read some really awesome articles about this debate, but, unfortunately, I cannot find them to link them to you. Argh. If you know what I'm talking about, please feel free to send me the links. :)

2. Pruning the FURY synopsis. It is now down to five pages and shrinking. I'm also improving the diction, so it's a more enjoyable read.

3. Polishing the final draft of FURY. This basically means that I'm quickly reading through it and correcting any glaring errors or poor syntax. I'm also making sure that the characters are coming off exactly as I intend. Since I have revised Caden's opening chapters, there will need to be some tweaking on his parts, especially toward the end of the story.

4. Researching and writing on ONE THOUSAND. Yes, I know. I'm supposed to be focusing on ELVES, but Achlys is a lot more demanding than poor Minalea, who still hasn't learned to stand up for herself. While Achlys really wants to start killing people again. ;)

5. Compiling my list of agents and making notes on why I want that agent specifically. This is very time consuming, but in the end I think it will pay off.

6. Setting goals. By the end of March I will have FURY glittering like a diamond and have sent out at least 10-15 queries. (Hopefully, more.) And, wow, my heart starts pounding just thinking about it. :)

7. Finished reading Patricia Briggs' Bone-Crossed, which was good (but I'm too scatter-brained to write a review) and have moved on to J.R.R. Tolkein's The Hobbit. (I'm still waiting to get Shalador's Lady and Shiver from Amazon.)

So...what have you been up to?

2 comments:

  1. One Thousand. Woot!

    To answer the question, I've been trying to make myself write on the project that I want to. haha. I think I'm going to have to write some character synopses for motivation though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I am so excited for you! I can't wait to see those agents fight over FURY!

    As for me, I'm planning my wedding, revising a short story for a contest, getting ready to start Assignment 3 for my class, and working on my novel!

    ReplyDelete