I've been having some minor panic attacks, coupled with stomach aches, that I am totally blaming on FURY. Why?
I'm getting REALLY close to the last polishing. Less than 100 pages left. (Thank GOD I did this by the way. I shudder to think of what would have slipped into an agent's hands.)
But today I'm procrastinating. Because I'm scared. Because once this is done, there is a query and a synopsis that is just waiting to be sent out. And that is REALLY scary. Because that means I will have made a significant step toward a real writing career. Which is good, right?
Yes, unless...
OK, I won't finish that thought. Too much negativity there.
I will try to be positive, however. And once I've finally sent queries for FURY out, I will focus on another project and try to forget about FURY. Until the rejections roll in. Sigh.
Scary? Don't you mean exciting? Honestly, even the best writer's ever in all the world got loads of rejections for their masterpieces. Don't fret, b/c it will happen when you start sending stuff in for sure--and it has nothing to do with how good of a writer you are! It has everything to do with the random preferences of editors. ;)
ReplyDeleteI think it's so great that you have come this far. I'm sure it is scary, but like Telliot said, it's exciting, too. I think that you have everything it takes to get published. I'd buy FURY!
ReplyDeleteThanks, guys! Common sense tells me that this is supposed to be exciting, but tell that to the stomach ache. Lol. I think there is an agent out there for FURY, but I just have to find her/him. (Thank goodness for AgentQuery.)
ReplyDelete