I've a few ideas in my head right now, but I'm stuck on Ch. 28. Jade has learned a number of things in a short space of time, and she's trying to decide if she's better off for it. (Her heart says no, her head says yes.) Plus, there is the whole thing with "Who is the main villian?" Which makes me think that Darion needs to make a star appearance VERY soon. He's sort of been in the background of the story--the threat that must be addressed. And, yes, he has killed a few of Jade's allies, but there has yet to be a Jade vs. Darion. That MUST happen. But when? Ahhh! I need to make an outline, I think.
I know that Honey is going to play a role, but I won't specify what. (Sorry, you'll have to read it). But that does make me go misty-eyed, because, in all honesty, I LOVE Honey. She's such a malleable character. Vicious, yet kind. Beautiful, yet devious. Can you trust her? Can you not? It makes me want to dance.
I have considered giving her her own story. It would be an interesting one, that's for sure. But I'm not sure if she'll have enough steam left over from this story to continue her own. We shall see.
Ok, enough stalling. I shall start writing now.
P.S. The editing process of "Fury" is going well, too. Yay.
What is it with Chapter 28? That's where I'm stuck with TOPAZ too. Best of luck as you wrap up your story. :)
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to read it. And yeah...who IS the main villain? Inquiring minds (and your fans!) want to know.
ReplyDeleteAnd it was chapter 26 for me (took a whole month to write that stupid chapter!), but that's close enough to 28 to count. ;)
@ Jenn
ReplyDeleteWell, I've finally gotten past the 28 hump and now I'm on 31. Yay! Still, it's a vortex (or maybe the opposite of a vortex) and things keep escalating. Gah!
@ Lydia
I'm trying to find that out, too. My characters keep changing their minds. All I know is that Darion IS bad, but he might come out looking a little better than he did in the beginning, if that makes sense. Grr. What is it with me and creating dynamic characters? I need to stop that! Lol