Friday, December 3, 2010

Stretched Thin

I've always been a bit socially awkward. I say the wrong things a lot. Laugh at unfunny things. Don't make enough eye contact...or too much. My jokes flop. I try really, REALLY hard to be a person's best friend, but I usually fail. Because I try TOO hard, as my mother always says.

Well, I feel like I'm trying too hard to be helpful and insightful and provide you with interesting tidbits on Monday Madness. The truth is I feel like Monday Madness is flopping more than flipping. Everything I say (or, more accurately, try to say) comes out a little stale. A little lifeless. A little awkward. So, next Monday will be the last regularly scheduled Monday Madness. It might make an occasional occurrence in the future when I can actually THINK of something interesting.

However, I do have recommendations for helpful blogs. 

The Sharp Angle. Lydia Sharp always has interesting things to say and I'm learning something every day from her. And when her husband, Joe, pops in you can usually get a unique perspective on things (as well as a grin-inducing post title).

Don't pet me, I'm writing. Tawna Fenske always has an amusing anecdote about writing or her experience as a writer. She's a lot of fun to follow!

The Other Side of the Story. Janice Hardy, author of The Shifter and Blue Fire, is always sharing helpful information on character development, plotting and writing in general.

I will continue to post book reviews on Wednesdays. Luckily I'm about two weeks ahead on that. Woohoo. I hope you're enjoying reading them, because I'm enjoying writing them. :)

Hopefully with less pressure on my brain to come up with something brilliant over the weekend for Monday Madness, I can start writing on my stories again. Maybe even some poetry.

Have a great weekend everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for recommending us! But I was enjoying your Monday Madness posts. I was even tweeting them. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shutup. Seriously. Stop being so down on yourself (that sounds weird coming from me, doesn't it?).

    I don't know how many times I can say you're uber-talented. Listen to me, girl. You have the talent to be successful, if you catch the right agent or publisher. I hate to see you doubt yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone goes through a natural evolution in what they feel they need to write. I've been thinking of making some changes to my blog too. Hope your changes go well, Brandi.

    Jai

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll echo the others by saying I really enjoy reading your posts. Found your blog a few weeks ago and find it helpful, insightful and FUN! Writing is *such* a hard business as I'm finding out myself...so don't feel bad, keep trucking, and good luck with your stories. I look forward to reading more posts! :)
    -Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I meant the way you don't realize your talents, kid, not any blog changes you may want to make. Just clarifying.

    ReplyDelete