I got back into Arkansas around 11:30 a.m. Friday and just wanted to shout for joy. I've seriously never been so stressed on a trip. And when you top dollops of stress with a recovering immune system, what do you get?
Apparently, hair loss.
The sad thing is I'm not joking. Fortunately, I have enough hair to suffocate in, so losing a few handfuls isn't going to be too noticeable. Except that my hairdresser noticed. Eek. So I'm loading myself up with vitamins and meditation, and hopefully that will work.
It helps, too, that I'm no longer dealing with a 60-year-old man who acts like a freakin' toddler. Grr. There are some people that I wish to cut out of my life, but, unfortunately, they're related. So that's not possible. Drat it.
But, the point of this post (other than letting you know I'm back) is that I have to apologize.
I'm sorry . . . because I did not work on "Fury" or "Dragon Queen" at all. I had the time, I'll admit. But I was so aggravated the whole time we were in West Virginia that I couldn't grasp the Muse. If I was writing a battle scene, I might have managed it. But, nope. Sorry. Sorry!
I promise to be a good girl (and a good writer) and write furiously this week. Hopefully we shall see the end of Dragon Queen soon!
Glad you're back, Brandi! It's too bad you didn't manage to hold on to your muse while you were gone, but I definitely understand the space you were in. You can pick your friends, but not your family, eh?
ReplyDeleteI'm looking forward to reading more Dragon Queen. I've missed Jade! And Drake. Okay, I'll be honest, I missed Drake more. ;)
Hey, don't apologize for not writing! Maybe the break was the best thing and you'll approach writing with new eyes after time off to refresh!
ReplyDeleteCheers, Jill
www.jilledmondson.blogspot.com
Hey, Brandi! I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your trip. At least you're home now and your hair can spend some well-deserved time repairing itself. :)
ReplyDeleteMeh, as a guy that suffers from hereditary hair loss, I feel your pain. Might try hooking it up with some Topical Tree Tea as it is an anti-oxidant and promotes non-genetic hair loss revitalization. You can usually get this at any hair salon. It should help you as high stress environments cause your body to change hormones and produce excessive oil secretion (most commonly sebum)so be sure to wash your hair everyday when your in these environments and massage your scalp with you fingertips, not nails.
ReplyDeleteBe sure to take a daily vitamin as well, vitamin A is good for your body to produce healthy sebum that won't cause hair loss and Vitamin C is good is a good anti-oxidant, plus, with the widespread ful out now, who can't use a little more vitamin C? =D
As for me, well, I use some hai thickening shampoos and the Rogain Foam, but my dad has no hair, so I am essentially just fighting a losing battle neh? But the girl likes the pretty hair so until I buy a big fat chopper, I can't really shave it and just go with a goatee. Lawl.
Anyways, sorry to hear your trip sucked that bad. I know when I used to do alot of traveling for my work, I always got more excited when I got home. Nothing better as a man than the 5 S's. I know most guys go with the 3 S's, Sh*t, shower Shave, but I like to add Sex and sleep to that.
A little vulgar yes, but thats where the Gender Gap comes in. Sorry for the rambling, I am like major sick but still tending to this from home to do with work and I am pretty out of it. Mmmmm.. good meds.
LOL. Buck up Kiddo, take some time off, enjoy life, live a little, have you man take you out and put that sparkle back in your eye and kick back in your step, and then, when you running on that emotional high, pick up the writing and run with it. =D