It's been a while since I've watched a movie that I cared to review. I'm not a movie critic, buff or fanatic by any means. But, thanks to Netflix, my movie-viewing options have expanded and, based on my likes and dislikes, it brought up the movie Dragon Hunters as a suggestion.
Dragon Hunters is not a new movie (or animation, however you choose to view it), but I'd never heard of it. But since the husband and I were bickering over whether to watch a bloody, gore-filled movie (his choice) or another episode of The Biggest Loser (I'm a junkie), we compromised with this.
O.M.G. I haven't been so amused by a cartoon in a long time. This movie literally shocked the laughter out of me. It was sweet, it was odd, it was just slightly WRONG. Hector, especially, the little blue rabbit/dog thing with extremely sharp teeth had me cackling like a senseless person. He farts fire and is obsessed with Zoe, following her around and growling "Girl!" Zoe, too, is a charming chatterbox, inspiring even the money-minded Gwizdo to become a hero. And Lian Chu is so sweet, and his deadly knitting needles cracked me up.
Plus, the animation is amazing. (At least it impressed me.)
I think if you enjoyed Shrek, you'd probably get a kick out of this movie. Check it out!
Note: This film was originally released in France, hence never hearing about it.

I discovered this movie a couple months ago at Family Video. Granted the copy was well worn so the DVD went wonky in a couple spots, but it was an adorable story. I loved the same thing about the characters you did.
ReplyDelete