My brain feels like it's full of cobwebs every time I sit down to write or edit lately. I hate that feeling, and I think I might have come down with a serious case of writer's block.
But here's the weird thing: I WANT to write. I have all these AWESOME ideas that keep popping into my head, practically begging me to write them, but I just . . .can't. Every time I sit down at the keyboard, I go blank. I thought maybe it was the keyboard's fault so I tried doing it the old fashioned way with a pen and paper. It sort of helped and then . . .meh.
I've been continually searching for a way to undo this cobwebby feeling, but haven't come across it yet. If you have any suggestions, feel free to share.
On a different note, I am looking for a couple people to read and review Masked Pleasures. All four stories. Including mine, "The Seer's Mask." If you're interested, please e-mail me and I will send you a free (FREE) reviewer's copy. The only stipulation is that you have to review it in a public way, preferably on Goodreads but a blog would work too. Also, just an FYI, but these are erotic stories (which means s.e.x.), so if you're--ahem--conservative, these might not be your thing.
E-mail me at bguthrie17ATyahooDOTcom.
Oh, I get the cobwebby feeling all. the. time. I don't know the cure. Wait! Actually, I do! I take a shower. For some reason, I always get these awesome scenes in my head whenever I'm in the shower. Of course, at times like those, I tend to put body lotion in my hair because I think it's shampoo, so it's a little dangerous, but definitely worth it. :)
ReplyDeleteErotica is not really my forte, otherwise I'd be all over it. ;)
ReplyDeleteTweeted.
Mmm, sexy stories sound nice, but my advice would probably quickly turn em sour.
ReplyDeleteAs for the block, I do in no particular order the following.
First off or second, I change POV. Even if the scene doesn't call for it, switching POV helps prime the pumps.
I stop the stuck scene and put a few choice curse words as placeholders. I use the letters QQQ as easy markers so I can later find it in the WIP, and usually highlight it with a colored background.
I jump forward to the next scene I see in my head. Even if there is a gap between the present and future scene, eff-it, sometimes you have to write the ending to see how you got there.
And when all else fails, I turn to dark beer. If you can see your fingers through the glass, it ain't dark enough. If that doesn't get your worms to digging, there's no dirt left in your hole. Or something like that.
- Eric