Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Selling My Services for a Good Cause

I mentioned a few days ago that I was running in the Susan G. Komen for the Cure 5K. I also mentioned that I would like to raise $100 to donate to the foundation, 75% of which goes directly to local breast cancer education and prevention services. However, I know that in this economy everyone is struggling, and it's difficult to give which is why I would like to offer you something in return for a donation.

Donate $5 and I will critique the first 50 pages of your MS.

Donate $10 and I will draw/paint your MC (or any other character) and mail it to you. (Of course, you'll have to provide a description and also specify what you are looking for (action, pose, standing, etc.) To see examples of my artistic skill, go to my Deviant Art page.

Donate $50 and I will mail you my autographed copy of Nicholas Spark's The Lucky One. (I only have one copy, so whoever donates $50 first will get it.)

I consider myself a more-than-adequate critter and a decent artist (working in watercolor, pencil and acrylic) and will spend a considerable amount of time on each (hence, you'll get your money's worth).

To donate, go to my Susan G. Komen Profile Page and click "Donate to Brandi!"

Once you've made your donation, email me at bguthrie17(at)yahoo(dot)com and let me know what name you donated under and what service you're requesting. (Yes, if you donate $15 you can get both the critique and the character drawing OR three critiques.)

Thank you ahead of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment