Friday, January 7, 2011

Hate Me Because I'm Beautiful

Yeah, yeah. Whatever. I just wanted to say that.

No, the real purpose of this post is to let everyone know that I'm WRITING again! Like, writing toward a goal. Writing with the intention (or at least delusion) to get published.

I'm not too proud to admit that I gave up on myself for a while there. Not sure why. It might have been author envy, a realigning of the stars, or just a funk, but from about November through now I kept telling myself, "You're good, but not good enough. So why bother?"

Why bother? Because I LOVE to write, okay! And I would really love to share my stories with other people.

AND it's not like I'm entering 2011 without hope of publication. My short story, The Seer's Mask, will be published soon through Circlet Press. (Yay!) So I sucked it up, smacked my dreary self around, and began submitting short stories for publication again.

But I hadn't really WROTE anything until just this past week. I'd piddled around in some WIPs, but hadn't really added anything new. And then I got the juice back. My muse returned from her Bahama vacation, showing off her tan, but ready to get down to BUSINESS. So, I'm back. Look out 2011, you're my year for writing!

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Glad to hear you are back in the swing. Give that Muse a workout. :D

    ReplyDelete